Imagine a job where you actually look forward to heading off to work in the morning. Lead a life others fantasize about. Sailing into incredible sunsets could be the rule, not the exception, especially if you work in a tropical dive destination. The commute to work could be as easy as a ten-minute boat ride. Work now becomes an adventure in itself. While experiencing new cultures and lifestyles, you'll be surrounded by people who are always happy. When you take people diving all day - everyone's happy. It's not all fun and games in paradise, but the rewards are well worth the effort.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Medical clearance signed by a physician
- 20 logged dives
- 18 years old
If you set your sights close to home and aspire to work at a local dive center, you can make it a full time career or a great part time job. There's a sense of pride sharing something you are passionate about. You help others enrich their own lives by experiencing the adventure of diving.
Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you'll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
As a PADI Divemaster you’ll be qualified to
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
- After some interning, you may also apply to conduct the Discover Scuba Diving program
Throughout the program we will:
- Learn dive leadership through independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- An internship or series of practical training exercises with actual students and courses, or a weekend of role playing will help you develop your skills at dealing with problems and situations.
The divemaster course is one of the most in depth and involved courses PADI offers. Upon signing up for the divemaster course, you’ll receive the Divemaster manual, encyclopedia of recreational diving and the dive knowledge workbook. These will all be studied independently and reviewed with your instructor. A series of 8 exams will need to be written, once you feel that you are ready. We will also arrange a couple evenings at minimum to review the 20 demonstration quality skills, and the stamina skills in the pool.
Depending on the number of divemaster candidates we will either arrange to have you intern on a variety of open water and continuing education courses, or arrange a w/e of role playing with other dm candidates. Either of these meet the requirements; a combination of both is the ideal way to learn the most about supervising students.
There are many facets to the divemaster program and the beauty behind the course structure is such that it is very flexible and can be suited to meet your needs and timeline. If you would like more information regarding course structure and dates please contact the shop.
The cost of this course is $995+tax
- Divemaster Crew Pack
- DSAT Gas Blender Certification
- PADI Equipment Specialty Certification